Ferrofish A32 Pro 32 In /32 Out AD/DA MADI & ADAT ConverterRegular price £1,940.83
32 In /32 Out AD/DA
MADI & ADAT Converter
The Ferrofish A32pro is available to pre-order.
Shipping expected to April 2022.
Note: this page is for the base model Ferrofish A32pro.
- 32 x Balanced inputs, 32kHz - 192kHz
- 32 x Balanced outputs, 32kHz -192kHz
- 2 x Balanced Main TRS Outputs
- 2 x Phones Outputs
- 1 x MADI optical I/O via SFP
- 1 x MADI Coaxial I/O via SFP
- 4 x ADAT TOSLINK inputs
- 4 x ADAT TOSLINK outputs
- 1 x Wordclock (BNC)
- 1 x MIDI I/O (3.5mm mini-jack)
- 4 x Touch-Screen TFT Screens for control over all levels & settings
- All 64 channels visible simultaneously (peak & level display)
- Silent, fan-less design
- Extensive routing/mixing possibilities
- Redundant Power Supplies*
- USB connection for firmware updates and remote control
- Remote Control via MIDI or USB (via RemoteFish software)
- 2 x QSFP Slots for future expansion
Overview - The Future of Audio Conversion
The Ferrofish A32pro and A32pro Dante are the latest in a long line of professional AD/DA converters from German pro audio manufacturer Ferrofish.
Continuing the company's successful tradition of designing high-quality, cost-effective AD/DA converters for studio, live audio and broadcast production, the A32pro and A32pro Dante are the natural successors to the popular Ferrofish A32 and A32 Dante models, packing more functionality than ever before into a single 1U frame.
In addition to the completely revised front-panel design, the four TFT screens and highly-intuitive operation of previous models are now supplemented by a touch-screen interface and large encoder knob. Changes to device settings can be made directly from the front of the unit simply by tapping the functions - it couldn't be easier!
Packed with analogue and digital audio features, the Ferrofish A32pro is an incredibly flexible and space-saving tool, offering up to 32 analogue inputs and 32 analogue outputs in only 1U of rack-space! Two independent headphone outputs (and an additional TRS stereo output) offer further flexibility for monitoring and routing in recording studio, live audio and broadcast applications.
Redundant MADI and power supplies (optional) provide important fail-safe options -especially useful in live operations. Powerful on-board routing also allows for format conversion between the different digital interfaces, and the new DSP-STICK slots provide an upgrade-path for planned future DSP-based expansions.
Ferrofish A32pro - Front Panel
32 x 32 A-D/D-A Conversion with ESS
The Ferrofish A32pro series feature the latest generation of converter chips from ESS, for high quality sound recording and audio playback. In addition a stereo TRS Main Out delivers a simple and fast way to connect stereo monitors or recorders.
Dual Headphone Outputs
With the Ferrofish A32pro, Ferrofish say they've 'broken the Highlander rule of "there can be only one"', doubling the number of headphone outputs. Both headphone outputs are driven by TPA6120A from Texas Instruments, with adjustable gain stages for headphones and IEMs of various impedances. The Highlander would be envious - if he owns headphones.
Highest Feature Density
- 32 x 32 analogue I/O channels, fully balanced on DSub25 (Tascam pinout)
- 32 x 32 ADAT I/O channels on TOSLINK jacks with 96kHz support
- 64 x 64 MADI I/O channels on LC SFP module, user exchangeable, coax SFP module optional available
- 64 x 64 DANTE I/O channels on dual Ethernet ports with redundant functionality*
- Wordclock I/O on BNC connectors with proprietary jitter reduction circuit
- MIDI I/O on 3.5mm TRS connectors (MIDI 2.0 pinout)
- GPIO port for remote preset switching and alert monitoring on DSub15
- Dual stereo headphone 1/4" TRS outputs with high-end amp modules and dedicated DAC
- Latest generation ESS A/D and D/A converter chips with 192kHz and 24Bit data path
- Highly intuitive four screens multitouch user interface
- Illuminated touch sensitive high-res encoder
- Flexible routing matrix
- Dedicated dual headphone monitoring matrix
- Dual power input redundant system with monitoring and alert system
- SHARC DSP for internal signal processing
- Dual expansion slots for optional DSP sticks
- Simple MIDI CC mode for remote control by simple MIDI commands
- Remote controllable via RemoteFish app for Mac & Windows (USB, MIDI, MIDI over MADI and Dante*), or via GPIO
*A32pro Dante only
Intuitive TFT Touchscreen User Interface
Combining the highly intuitive user interface of the A32 Pro with a large, multi-touch overlay covering all four high-res TFT screens, control of the A32pro couldn't be easier.