Focusrite ISA 428 Pre-Amp mk2
Four ISA-series transformer-based pre-amps
The benefits of Focusrite’s classic pre-amp topology include superb common-mode rejection, an excellent overload margin, an extremely low noise floor and super-wide bandwidth.
Dedicated analogue insert points
Switchable insert points are also featured on every channel, allowing routing (between pre-amp and output) to additional external processing.
Accurate ‘moving coil’ peak meters
Clear metering designed to catch even the fastest and most elusive of transients.
Four front panel instrument inputs
Instant access on the front fascia and no separate DI box required.
Eight line inputs
Four additional A-D converter inputs combine with the four pre-amp inputs to provide eight line inputs, routable discretely to the eight-channel A-D converter option.
Eight Channel optional 192kHz A/D conversion card
With the additional four ADC inputs, two ISA428’s can be used with a single ADC, providing eight channels of pre-amplification, A-D conversion and VU metering.
Custom Global A-D converter ‘soft clip’ limiter
Focusrite’s custom optical design protects the A-D converter by preventing ‘digital overload’. It requires that an A-D converter be installed.
Ideal for mic matching or extended microphone creativity. Settings include the ‘Vintage ISA110’ setting, providing the original Focusrite signature sound.
Variable Focusrite high pass filter
Provided on every channel, this is the same filter as featured on the original ISA110 and the Focusrite forte console.
• Transformer-based ISA design
• Gain range: Line = +/- 18dB, Mic = 0 to 60dB (both in 6dB steps), Inst = +10 to +40 dB variable
• Input impedance: Line = 10k ohm, Mic = Variable - 600, 2k4 and 6k8 ohm + original ISA 110 settings, Inst = >1M ohm
• Noise: Line = -96dB, Mic = -128dB (EIN with 150 ohm input resistance at 60dB of gain)
• THD: Line = 0.003% with 0dBu, 1kHz input and 20Hz to 22kHz band-pass filter, Mic = 0.003%
Analogue Input and Output connectors (balanced)
• D.I inputs: 1/4 inch Jack (unbalanced)
• Mic inputs: XLR (balanced)
• Line: TRS Jack (balanced)
• Insert Sends and Returns: TRS Jack (balanced)
• Additional ADC inputs: XLR (balanced) Line level
• Analogue Outputs: XLR (balanced)
Digital Output Option
• AES/EBU and S/PDIF dual 9-pin D-types
• Optical - ADAT Lightpipe
• Bit depths 16-, 20- or 24-bit
• Frequency options 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz
• Clock options Standard or ?256 x?
• Meter - 0 dBFS = +22dBu
• Digital Performance
• SNR - 120dB A-weighted
• 484mm (W) x 85mm (H) x 250mm (D)
• 19" (W) x 3.5" (H) x 9.8" (D)