Focusrite ISA 828 8 Channel Pre-amp (with free digi card worth £599)
- Eight ISA series transformer-based pre amps
In a single robust 2U chassis, offering the classic Focusrite pre at its lowest cost-per-channel to date.
- New Optional Eight Channel 192kHz ADC
Embodies cutting-edge conversion technology, incorporating Focusrite analogue circuitry to deliver the best A/D performance on the market, bar none
- Convenient 25 pin D-Type connectors
The ISA828 integrates quickly and seamlessly with ProTools HD, as well as other popular hard disk recorders and mixing desks.
- Switchable Impedance
Selectable per channel; choose one of four carefully selected input impedances, including the original ISA110 setting, to suit any microphone.
- Direct Instrument inputs
Each instrument input features high and low impedance options to provide a comprehensive and accessible DI solution.
- Inserting available on every channel
Allows external devices to be inserted between the pre amp and the ADC, using the 25-pin D-type cable.
- High pass filter, Phase reverse and Phantom power
Each has a dedicated switch, independent on each channel.
- Six LED input meter
Complete with precise meter trim - Designed to utilise the same reference points as Digidesign’s HD™
Mic Input Response
• Gain range: 0dB to 60dB in 10dB steps
• Input Impedance, variable: 600Ω, 1k4Ω, 2k4Ω, 6k8Ω
• EIN (equivalent input noise): -126dB measured at 60dB of gain with 150 Ohm terminating impedance and 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter
• Noise at main output with gain at unity (0dB): -97dBu measured with a 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter
• Signal to noise ratio relative to max headroom (9dBu): 106dB
• THD at medium gain (30dB): 0.0008% measured with a 1kHz -20dBu input signal and with a 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter
• Frequency response at minimum gain (0dB): -0.5dB down at 10Hz and –3dB down at 110kHz
• Frequency response at maximum gain (60dB): –3dB down at 16Hz and –3dB down 85kHz
• CMRR: 91.8dB (Channel 1, 1kHz, maxiumum gain)
• Crosstalk Channel to Channel: with 10dB@1kHz input to chA, chB output =102dBrA. With 10dB@10kHz input to chA, chB output = 84dBrA
Line Input Response
• Gain range: -20dB to +10dB in 10dB steps
• Input Impedance: 10kΩ from 10Hz to 200kHz
• Noise at main output with gain at unity (0dB): -96dBu measured with a 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter
• Signal to noise ratio relative to max headroom (24dBu): 120dB
• Signal to noise ratio relative to 0dBFS(+22dBu): 118dB
• THD at unity gain (0dB): 0.001% measured with a 0dBu input signal and with a 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter
• Frequency Response at unity gain (0dB): 0.3dB down at 10Hz and –3dB down at 122kHz
Instrument Input Response
• Gain range: 10dB to 40dB continuously variable
• Input Impedance: 1MΩ or 300kΩ
• Noise at minimum gain (+10dB): -90dBu measured with a 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter
• Noise at maximum gain (+40dB): -62dBu measured with a 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter
• THD at minimum gain (+10dB): 0.002% measured with a 10dBu input signal and with a 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter
• Frequency Response at 10dB gain with -10dB input: 10Hz-200kHz +/- 0.6dB
• Frequency Response at 40dB gain with -40dB input: -2.5dB down at 10Hz and 0dB at 200kHz
High Pass Filter
• Roll off: 18dB per octave 3 pole filter
• Fixed Frequency 75Hz measured at the 3dB down point
• 484mm (W) x 85mm (H) x 305mm (D) (350mm depth with heat sink)
• 19" (W) x 3.5" (H) x 12" (D) (13.8" depth with heat sink)