Focusrite ISA 828 8 Channel Pre-amp
Eight ISA series transformer-based pre amps
In a single robust 2U chassis, offering the classic Focusrite pre at its lowest cost-per-channel to date.
New Optional Eight Channel 192kHz ADC
Embodies cutting-edge conversion technology, incorporating Focusrite analogue circuitry to deliver the best A/D performance on the market, bar none
Convenient 25 pin D-Type connectors
The ISA828 integrates quickly and seamlessly with ProTools HD, as well as other popular hard disk recorders and mixing desks.
Selectable per channel; choose one of four carefully selected input impedances, including the original ISA110 setting, to suit any microphone.
Direct Instrument inputs
Each instrument input features high and low impedance options to provide a comprehensive and accessible DI solution.
Inserting available on every channel
Allows external devices to be inserted between the pre amp and the ADC, using the 25-pin D-type cable.
High pass filter, Phase reverse and Phantom power
Each has a dedicated switch, independent on each channel.
Six LED input meter
Complete with precise meter trim - Designed to utilise the same reference points as Digidesign’s HD™
Mic Input Response
• Gain range: 0dB to 60dB in 10dB steps
• Input Impedance, variable: 600Ω, 1k4Ω, 2k4Ω, 6k8Ω
• EIN (equivalent input noise): -126dB measured at 60dB of gain with 150 Ohm terminating impedance and 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter
• Noise at main output with gain at unity (0dB): -97dBu measured with a 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter
• Signal to noise ratio relative to max headroom (9dBu): 106dB
• THD at medium gain (30dB): 0.0008% measured with a 1kHz -20dBu input signal and with a 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter
• Frequency response at minimum gain (0dB): -0.5dB down at 10Hz and –3dB down at 110kHz
• Frequency response at maximum gain (60dB): –3dB down at 16Hz and –3dB down 85kHz
• CMRR: 91.8dB (Channel 1, 1kHz, maxiumum gain)
• Crosstalk Channel to Channel: with 10dB@1kHz input to chA, chB output =102dBrA. With 10dB@10kHz input to chA, chB output = 84dBrA
Line Input Response
• Gain range: -20dB to +10dB in 10dB steps
• Input Impedance: 10kΩ from 10Hz to 200kHz
• Noise at main output with gain at unity (0dB): -96dBu measured with a 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter
• Signal to noise ratio relative to max headroom (24dBu): 120dB
• Signal to noise ratio relative to 0dBFS(+22dBu): 118dB
• THD at unity gain (0dB): 0.001% measured with a 0dBu input signal and with a 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter
• Frequency Response at unity gain (0dB): 0.3dB down at 10Hz and –3dB down at 122kHz
Instrument Input Response
• Gain range: 10dB to 40dB continuously variable
• Input Impedance: 1MΩ or 300kΩ
• Noise at minimum gain (+10dB): -90dBu measured with a 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter
• Noise at maximum gain (+40dB): -62dBu measured with a 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter
• THD at minimum gain (+10dB): 0.002% measured with a 10dBu input signal and with a 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter
• Frequency Response at 10dB gain with -10dB input: 10Hz-200kHz +/- 0.6dB
• Frequency Response at 40dB gain with -40dB input: -2.5dB down at 10Hz and 0dB at 200kHz
High Pass Filter
• Roll off: 18dB per octave 3 pole filter
• Fixed Frequency 75Hz measured at the 3dB down point
• 484mm (W) x 85mm (H) x 305mm (D) (350mm depth with heat sink)
• 19" (W) x 3.5" (H) x 12" (D) (13.8" depth with heat sink)