Lauten Audio Oceanus Transformer-less Dual TubeRegular price £1,340.00
The Oceanus LT-381 is a dual tube, transformer-less condenser Microphone with exquisite detail that is ideal for vocals. But don’t think for a second this is a one trick pony, it’s just at home as a drum overhead or piano mic.
With so many tricks under the hood, it’s a real workhorse, grab it out of the box, plug in and go. With the choice of omni, cardioid and figure-8 and the choice of sounds is nearly endless.
The History of Lauten Audio
Early in the 21st Century Brian Loudenslager saw an opportunity. A pedal company that would bring a unique sound to a range of contemporary microphones built with utility and versatility in mind.
He teamed up with Grammy nominated engineer and producer Mike Terry (The Eagles, Foo Fighters and Ash) and theoretical physicist Dr Charles Chen Ph.D.
Their goal was a work horse microphone that brought a unique sound to an already saturated market. The Horizon was born and since then Lauten Audio have gone on to produce a whole range of mics that definitely met the original brief.
Here’s what Lauten Audio say about the Oceanus LT-381
Big, Innovative, Detailed, High-Performance
Clear the air for big revealing sound. Visually stunning, the LT-381 Oceanus is a fantastic vocal mic. It’s an original high-performance transformer-less tube condenser microphone that produces full and detailed recordings.
Capture minute details
Our new 31.25mm dual-diaphragm capsule captures minute details of the sound source. A Lauten Audio original design, the Oceanus capsule is one of largest in the microphone world, making it part of the unique Oceanus sound.
Innovative Dual-Tube circuit design
Internally the LT-381 Oceanus is an innovative blend of classic and modern day components. This microphone contains one of the most unique circuit topologies of any microphone on the market today. It utilizes a NOS military-grade pentode tube with a carefully selected operating point as the input and gain stage, and a transformer-less tube output stage. Finally, our unique vacuum tube isolation chamber reduces component temperatures as well as noise.
- Really shines on vocals
- Huge sounding on drum overheads
- Magical on pianos
- Big, smooth and open top-end
- Excellent for a variety of sources
- Large 31.25mm dual-diaphragm capsule
- Circuit: Transformer-less Vacuum Tube
- Variable 9-step Omni, to Cardioid, to Figure-8
- Type: Dual-diaphragm condenser
- Vacuum tube input & output
- Freq. Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Internally shock mounted capsule
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omni & Figure-8 (variable)
- NOS Military grade tube at gain stage
- Dynamic Range: 100dB minimum
- High resolution capacitors
- Impedance: <200 ohms
- Max. SPL: 0.5%THD@1000Hz 120dB
- Self-noise level: 20dB(A)
- Sensitivity: 16mV/Pa OR -36±2dB 0dB=1V/Pa 1000Hz
- Special power requirement provided by PSU