TK Audio BC2 ME Mastering Compressor
TK Audio’s BC2 ME is BC1 'stepped up' for mastering purposes.
We added stepped controls We also added illuminated switches, with a selectable switchable output-stage - Choose from electronically-balanced or transformer balanced class-A outputs.
The BC2-ME uses the same basic sound path as the BC1, with the extra features.
The class-A mode offers a vintage tone, fat, punchy low-end response with more low mid character.
The output section is the same as we use in the DP1. The BC2-ME also has a switch that adds extra harmonics to the compressed signal. The blend control offers 23 steps from straight to compressed signal.
* All rotary controls are stepped.
* All push buttons are illuminated. Soft light when not
* THD switch, adds extra harmonics (even) to the
* Improved VCA circuit.
* Can be upgraded with separate VCA modules that holds
up to eight VCA chips in parallel.
* True bypass.
* Stepped precision blend control using a 4-deck ELMA
* Five HPF frequencies.
* Gain-reduction meter with 20 LED’s, 0.5dB resolution.
* Ratio starts at 1.25:1
* Threshold -20dB to +20dB. 41 steps.
(picture shows -10dB to +10dB)
* Make-up gain 0 to 10dB, 41 steps.
* Output switchable between electronically-balanced or
transformer-balanced class-A built around heavy
* Balanced, external side-chain inputs.
Noise flooor: below 104dBm
Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz, less than -0.3dB
Distortion: less than 0.008% THD+N, @ +8dBm
Max output: +26dBm @ 600ohms load
Internal, regulated powersupply with a toroidal transformer
115 or 230V, selectable.