Universal Audio Apollo 16 mk2 Quad with free UAD Satellite QuadRegular price £2,745.83
Apollo 16 is Universal Audio’s flagship 24-bit/192 kHz audio interface, delivering world-class conversion with 16 x 16 analog I/O — twice the analog connectivity of the original Apollo model. This uncompromising FireWire/Thunderbolt-ready interface combines superior sound and flexible routing with powerful onboard UAD-2 QUAD processing. So you can track audio in real time through the full range of classic UAD analog emulation plug-ins — from Neve, Studer, Manley, Lexicon and more** — on both Mac and Windows 7.*
- UA’s flagship FireWire/Thunderbolt-ready audio interface for Mac and Windows 7*
- Includes “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” plug-in bundle.
- Realtime UAD-2 QUAD processing for low-latency (sub-2ms) tracking and mixing w/ UAD Powered Plug-Ins**
- Thunderbolt Option Card for next-generation connectivity to compatible Macs (sold separately)
- Four stereo Cue mixes with fully assignable outputs
- Cascade up to four Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as needed
- Virtual I/O feature for Realtime UAD Processing of virtual instruments and DAW tracks
- Includes dedicated XLR monitor outs and stereo AES-EBU digital I/O
- 16 x 16 analog I/O via DB-25 connectors — ideal for mixing consoles, outboard preamps, etc.
- Full recall of interface settings in DAW sessions via Console Recall plug-in (VST, RTAS, AU, AAX 64)
- Full compatibility with UAD-2 DSP Accelerator systems
- Flex Routing offers assignable headphone outputs, selectable pre/post Aux sends, headphone bus routing.
- PT Mode allows easy insertion of outboard analog hardware in Pro Tools**
Tracking, Mixing, and Mastering
Connection to your Mac
Apollo 16 offers compatibility with Thunderbolt technology on Macs via a user-installable dual-port Thunderbolt Option Card (sold separately). Thunderbolt provides greater UAD plug-in instances, improved performance at high sample rates, and reduced UAD plug-in latency. Because Thunderbolt offers many times the bandwidth of FireWire, it allows studios to connect numerous devices in series with the Apollo interface — including hard drives, processors, and additional computer monitors — all with fast, flawless performance.
Apollo 16 boasts straightforward 16 x 16 analog I/O via convenient DB-25 connections — perfect for pairing with mixing consoles, outboard processors, cue/headphone systems, and more. Two Apollo 16 units can be cascaded over MADI for an expanded system with eight UAD processors and 32 x 32 simultaneous analog I/O, capable of handling large professional mixes. The Apollo 16’s enhanced routing capabilities includes four stereo Cue mixes with individually assignable outputs, and a “Virtual I/O” feature that allows Realtime UAD Processing of DAW tracks and virtual instruments.
Apollo 16 boasts numerous design details that give you a fast, natural workflow. Its Monitor outputs are digitally controlled analog, so you don't lose audio resolution when you adjust gain. More than 195 high-visibility LEDs provide full input and output metering, and with zero “hot spots” or light bleed. Finally, standalone operation means that you can use Apollo’s audio connections, and last-used DSP mixer settings, even without a computer connected.
Logic, Cubase and More