Waldorf Kyra 128 Voice FPGA Virtual Analogue Synth
Powered by FPGA (Field-Programmable Gate Array) processing, a great improvement on legacy DSP gear. It features 8-part multitimbrality (each part having its own dedicated 9-module effects unit), , true stereo operation, 32x oversampled hardware with dual wavetables providing over 4,000 waveshapes, hard sync, FM (Frequency Modulation), and ring modulation.
It also features emulations of classic analogue ladder filters with 2- (-12dB/oct) and 4-pole (-24dB/oct) configurations. There are also 3 envelope generators, 3 stereo LFOs with 64 shapes and MIDI clock sync, an arpeggiator, full keyboard microtuning, and true polyphonic portamento plus a comprehensive 18-channel modulation matrix.
The Kyra also comes a wide variety of effects — each of its 8 parts will feature a three-band EQ with sweepable mid, dual tube-style limiters, formant filter, distortion, six-stage phaser, stereo digital delay, comb/flanger/chorus/doubler and a programmable reverb - all run at 96kHz.
Kyra's connectivity is surprisingly flexible with four assignable, balanced stereo analogue outputs (converted from 32-bit/96kHz), a headphone output, low-latency 5-pin DIN MIDI, a fully class-compliant USB 2 implementation for MIDI, and a stereo 24-bit/96kHz audio stream for each of its eight parts.
- FPGA (Field-Programmable Gate Array) processing
- 8-part multi-timbrality
- 9-module effects unit
- True stereo operation
- 32x oversampled hardware with dual wavetables
- 4,000 waveshapes
- FM (Frequency Modulation), Ring modulation
- 3 envelope generators, 3 stereo LFOs
- MIDI clock sync
- Full keyboard microtuning
- True polyphonic portamento
- 18-channel modulation matrix
- three-band EQ with sweepable mid
- dual tube-style limiters
- Formant filter, distortion, six-stage phaser, stereo digital delay, comb/flanger/chorus/doubler, programmable reverb
- balanced stereo analogue outputs (converted from 32-bit/96kHz)
- headphone output
- 5-pin DIN MIDI
- USB 2
- stereo 24-bit/96kHz audio stream