3124V Discrete 4-Channel Mic/Line PreRegular price £2,495.83
- Classic API Circuit Design
- Uses API 2520 Op Amps
- Variable Output Level Control
- 3:1 Output Transformer Tap Selection
- Four female XLR mic inputs
- Four front panel 1/4" Hi Z instrument inputs
- Front panel polarity switches
- Front panel -20dB pad switches
- Front panel mic/instrument switches
- Front panel 48V power switches
Like the API 3124+, the 3124V is a high quality, compact, 4-channel mic preamp. It is equipped with the AP2516 input transformer and the proprietary output transformer found in all API mic pres and throughout the API product line. Additionally, the 3124V offers Variable Output Level Control and switchable 3:1 output transformer selection. The unit has an internal 48-volt phantom power supply, which is switchable for each channel, as well as -20dB pad switches that affect both the mic and Hi-Z instrument inputs, both located on the front panel.
The 3124V also features up to 65dB of gain. Additionally, the Hi-Z front panel inputs feed directly to the op amps, which allow a low level input such as a guitar or bass to be amplified without a matching transformer or direct box. These Hi-Z inputs can take levels as high as +20dBu, making them perfect for keyboards and other high level devices. The mic preamp outputs are on rear panel male XLR connectors.