Ferrofish Pulse MX AD/DA & MADI ConverterRegular price £999.00
Please note: the Ferrofish Pulse 16 is also available with DC-coupled outputs (see the Ferrofish Pulse 16 CV MX).
• 16 x 16 analogue I/O channels
• 32 x 32 ADAT I/O channels in 4 x 4 TOSLINK ports (16 x 16 @ 96 kHz)
• 64 x 64 MADI optical I/O*
• Full 16 x 16 analogue channel count even at double sample rates (SMUX @ 192 kHz)
• 2 x TFT screens giving complete control over all levels and system settings
• Wordclock I/O (BNC)
• Remote control via MIDI (and MIDI over MADI - coming soon)
• Proprietary circuit for active jitter reduction
• Headphone Output
• Fan-less design – no noise
• 1HE, 19“ solid metal chassis
• Software Control (Mac & PC)
* The standard MADI option is Multimode. Singlemode is also available on request.
16 x 16 AD/DA <> ADAT converter
With the Pulse 16 MX, Ferrofish continues their successful tradition of designing high-quality and affordable AD/DA converters, expanding the existing range that consists of the Ferrofish Pulse 16, Ferrofish A32 and the Ferrofish A32 Dante.
The new Pulse 16 MX offers the same sound quality, functionality and flexibility as the Pulse 16, whilst upping the channel count considerably with the addition of MADI I/O; 16 x 16 balanced analogue inputs and outputs, 4 x ADAT I/O ports provide a full 16 x 16 channel operation even in 96 kHz SMUX mode, and 1 x MADI I/O (Optical) for transferring 64 x 64 discrete audio channels.
Full control and easy operation
The headphones output on the front panel of the Pulse 16 MX allows you to monitor every mono or stereo signal on the fly, and two TFT displays provide detailed level information for all 16 x 16 analogue inputs and outputs at a glance. The innovative on-board contextual help, much loved by owners of the Ferrofish Pulse 16, Ferrofish A32 and Ferrofish A32 Dante, can also be called up at any time making the Pulse 16 MX both intuitive and simple in use.
Software Control with RemoteFish (Mac/PC)
Remote control your Ferrofish Pulse 16 via MIDI with the RemoteFish software, available as a free download for both Mac and PC. RemoteFish provides an extended user interface, for control over all input and output gains, channel routing, adjusting settings, and saving and loading presets.
Click here to download RemoteFish from the Ferrofish website
RemoteFish Software - Overview Video
See more videos at Synthax TV
Exceptional sound quality
Using the most recent converter generation from Cirrus Logic combined with an active digital jitter reduction circuit results in an exceptionally detailed resolution and great overall sound. Whether you're working in 48 kHz, 96 kHz or 192 kHz – the Ferrofish Pulse 16 MX always delivers a full complement of 16 x 16 channels at the highest quality.
Ferrofish Pulse 16 Series - Overview Video
See more videos at Synthax TV
Upgrade your Ferrofish Pulse 16 to a Ferrofish Pulse 16 MX
If you're the owner of the Ferrofish Pulse 16, you can upgrade your device with MADI Optical I/O simply by purchasing an official Ferrofish MADI SFP module and Upgrade Code. With this module equipped, all 16 x 16 channels can be used with sample rates up to 192kHz.
The Pulse 16 MADI Upgrade consists of two parts:
- The Ferrofish MADI SFP Module. Only genuine Ferrofish MADI SFP modules are supported.
- An unlock code, which you will receive via email from Synthax Audio UK after purchase.
The Ferrofish MADI SFP module and Upgrade Code are available to buy together as a bundle here.
(Both parts can also be purchased separately if required, although please note that both the SFP module and unlock code are needed to perform the upgrade.)