Grace Design m900 Compact, Portable Headphone Amp / DAC / PreampRegular price £617.34
The m900 is a portable, desktop friendly headphone amplifier / DAC / preamp combo designed to give audio professionals and enthusiasts musical and transparent audio playback from USB, S/PDIF or TOSLINK sources. For small DAW studio setups, portable laptop editing or mixing rigs, or just pure playback enjoyment, the m900 provides the same analog and DAC quality as our large monitor controllers, but in a rugged, portable and surprisingly affordable unit.
The m900 DAC uses the latest generation AKM 4490 chip, which features 32-bit processing and supports sample rates up to 384kHz PC or 256x DSD. The USB interface operates in asynchronous mode allowing the m900 to be the clock master which makes the system immune to USB bus jitter. S/PDIF and Toslink inputs allow the m900 to enhance to any DAW interface with true reference quality D/A conversion, headphone monitoring and stereo speaker control.
An intelligent power supply design allows for two power operation modes - LOW and HIGH. LOW power mode is from USB connector #1, which provides bus power along with data, allowing the m900 to operate from a single connection to your computer. HIGH power power mode is available by connecting the included 2A USB DC power supply to the USB connector #2, which provides additional power harder to drive headphones.
Transimpedance amplifier topology coupled to a zero ohm output impedance driver provides headphone performance that is incredibly spacious and transparent with a tight, enveloping low end. Our latest generation crossfeed circuit rounds out the design by simulating an acoustic listening environment in the headphones. Familiar tracks become new again with surprise details, while audio production tasks like tracking, mixing and editing happen faster and easier.
After many years of honing our DAC and headphone amplifier designs, the m900 distills the best of what we've learned in a compact, rugged and simple unit. Whether in the studio, on your desk or on the road, the m900 will bring you closer to the music you love.
Grace Design M900 Features:
- 2-ch headphone amplifier and top-shelf D/A converter
- Portable bus-powered unit is ideal for travel, desktop, or studio
- Jitter-free computer audio playback with support for up to 32-bit/384kHz PCM and 256x DSD
- Dual zero-ohm output impedance headphone outputs deliver spacious and transparent performance
- Stereo unbalanced analog outputs make connecting to your stereo monitor system easy
- Compatible with a wide variety of digital sources via USB, TOSlink, and S/PDIF coax
- 4 different DAC filter settings provide personalized playback
- Simple setup menu and easy-to-read 7-segment LED display
- Large rotary encoder for easy volume control and menu navigation