Lauten Audio Clarion Multi Pattern Large Diaphragm FET CondenserRegular price £748.33
The Clarion FC-357 is a multi-pattern FET condenser Microphone with all the trimmings. Three way gain switch (10db+/-) and pattern switching give the Clarion multiple unique voices and characteristics.
With so many tricks under the hood, it’s a real workhorse, grab it out of the box, plug in and go. With the choice of omni, cardioid and figure-8 and the choice of sounds is nearly endless.
The History of Lauten Audio
Early in the 21st Century Brian Loudenslager saw an opportunity. A pedal company that would bring a unique sound to a range of contemporary microphones built with utility and versatility in mind.
He teamed up with Grammy nominated engineer and producer Mike Terry (The Eagles, Foo Fighters and Ash) and theoretical physicist Dr Charles Chen Ph.D.
Their goal was a work horse microphone that brought a unique sound to an already saturated market. The Horizon was born and since then Lauten Audio have gone on to produce a whole range of mics that definitely met the original brief.
Here’s what Lauten Audio say about the Clarion FC-357
Classic FET sound with a modern touch
The FC-357 Clarion blends classic and modern FET sound. It features a uniquely tuned frequency response that produces the smooth natural character found in classic FET condenser microphones with a touch of smooth modern airiness.
Quality Internal Components
The FC-357 Clarion features our custom designed 28.25mm dual diaphragm capsule that accurately captures your source. The electronics include a low-noise FET and custom-wound output transformer that work together to provide you with an authentic and classic sound with a modern touch.
Unique 3-way Gain Switch
The FC-357 Clarion has the features you need to achieve the sound you want. The unique three-position attenuation and gain switch offers you powerful recording options with no adverse distortion. The +10dB gain switch, which boosts the microphone’s output, makes it less dependent on preamps to achieve excellent sound.
- Classic FET sound with a modern touch
- Ribbon-like top-end on electric guitars
- +10dB feature great for lower-quality microphone preamplifiers
- Tuned to tame sibilant sources
- Excellent for amateurs and professionals
- Large 28.25mm dual-diaphragm capsule
- Circuit: Solid-State low-noise FET
- Cardioid, Omni & Figure-8 polar pattern switch
- Type: Pressure gradient condenser
- +10dB gain switch
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omnidirectional & Figure-8
- -10dB attenuation switch
- Freq. Response: 25Hz-20KHz
- Low noise FET
- Dynamic Range: 120dB minimum
- High resolution capacitors
- Impedance: <200 ohms
- Custom wound output transformer
- Max. SPL: 0.5%THD@1000Hz: 130dB
- Self-noise level: < 15dB(A)
- Sensitivity: 16mV/Pa OR -36±2dB 0dB=1V/Pa 1000Hz
- Special Features:-10 dB attenuation and +10dB gain
- Requires 48v Phantom power