Neumann KH 750 DSP Studio SubwooferRegular price £1,020.00
DSP power for all
The compact KH 750 DSP is the ideal choice for smaller rooms and smaller studio monitors. It has a unique and flexible Bass Manager (2.0/0.1), analog and digital inputs, four routing modes and adaptable acoustical controls to be used in many different configurations.
The optional Neumann.Control iPad® app gives access to many additional functions. This includes the possibility of aligning Neumann monitors, that are connected to the subwoofer, to the room using the patented "Guided Alignment" and controlling the entire stereo system. This also includes analog* monitors. Detailed information can be found below.
More about the KH 750 DSP
The newly designed 10” long-throw driver has a strong linear working magnet system with ELFF™ technology (Extremely Linear Force Factor™). As subwoofers are usually placed on the floor, a robust grille protects the driver from accidental damage. The ultra-compact cabinet is a closed design which brings the fastest possible transient response.
The two analog XLR inputs are balanced as are the two analog XLR outputs. The 192 kHz / 24-bit digital input can accept AES3 and S/P-DIF signals. There is a bypassable standby function and the switch-off time can be adjusted in the Neumann.Control iPad® app.
The KH 750 DSP can be used in music, broadcast, and post production studios for tracking, mixing, and mastering.
The KH 750 DSP and the Neumann.Control iPad® app
By combining the KH 750 DSP with the freely available iPad® app (version 3.0 or newer), the subwoofer becomes the intelligent control center of every Neumann stereo setup. In addition to the KH 80 DSP, the KH 120, KH 310 and KH 420** analog monitors now also benefit from the DSP power of the KH 750 DSP.
The iPad® connects to the subwoofer via a standard IP network with an Ethernet cable between the router and subwoofer. The stereo pair receives the analog audio signal directly from the subwoofer.
The system offers the following functions in the setup/adjustment phase:
- Guided Alignment – a patented process where you are asked simple questions about the room and the loudspeaker/subwoofer position, the app adjusts the response of each loudspeaker/subwoofer accordingly.
- Manual Alignment – expert users have complete freedom to adjust an 8-band fully parametric equalizer, levels and the time-of-flight delay in each loudspeaker/subwoofer as they wish. Manual Alignment can also be used to edit Guided Alignments in a more detailed way.
- Individual X-Over optimization between the subwoofer and the connected Neumann monitors, depending on the monitor model used.
- DSP-based phase linearization also of the connected analog Neumann studio monitors for an even more transparent sound image.
- Use of the digital inputs (S/P-DIF and AES3) of the subwoofer for the entire system
- Lip sync delay for the complete setup
After setup, the iPad® can be removed if necessary; the settings are permanently stored in the subwoofer.
During operation, the iPad® offers:
- Switching between different setups and alignments
- Volume control, saving and recalling volume presets
- Dim, Solo, Mute, Mute all
* This includes KH 120 A, KH 310 A and KH 420**, as well as KH 120 D and KH 310 D if the analog signal inputs are used.
** A combination of the KH 750 DSP with the KH 420 is also possible, but the maximum possible sound pressure level is reduced when operating in bass management mode.
The app also allows the logo brightness and standby level/time of the KH 80 DSP to be set.
- Increasing the bass extension of the monitoring system
- Increasing the maximum SPL of loudspeakers
- Decreasing harmonic and intermodulation distortion of loudspeakers
- Reproducing the LFE channel
- Reproducing the “Sub” signal of a bass managed multichannel source
- Working as an extension for KH line subwoofer systems
Compact ultra stiff wooden cabinet
- Tough painted finish and high density rubber isolating feet
- Excellent self-damping properties leading to minimal cabinet resonances
- No standing wave resonances inside cabinet
- Tight bass sound due to very low group delay
In-house modelled long-throw bass driver with Extremely Linear Force Factor™ (ELFF™) and robust built-in grille
- Damping of break up modes brings low distortion at high sound levels
- Extremely linear force factor provides low harmonic distortion even at high excursions
- Reduced air noise and improved rocking modes
- Grille protects against mechanical damage
2.0/ 0.1 Bass Management
- Stereo and externally bass managed applications
- Bypassable 4th order crossover for maximum compatibility with consumer reproduction systems
- Allows main loudspeakers to play louder and with lower distortion
Four routing modes
- Stereo 80 Hz bass management
- External bass management
- LFE up to 120 Hz
- LFE full range
XLR electronically balanced analog inputs and outputs
- Standard interfacing to professional equipment
- Daisy chain output for subwoofer arrays
Wide range input gain and output level controls
- Easier interfacing with signal sources
8-position phase control, continuous low cut control
- More control in various acoustical environments
- Easy to correct room modes
Universal switched-mode power supply (100 … 240 V)
- One version works in any country and robust to poor quality mains supply
- Reduced noise in electrically noisy environments and overcomes ground loops
Low heat dissipation amplifiers with large headroom and sophisticated protection circuitry
- Improved transient response
- Assured reliability and safety
Separate thermo limiter to protect the voice coil and power amplifier
- Soft clip and excursion limiters
- Increases system reliability
- Allows extraction of the maximum performance from the system
Digital input and output
- 192 kHz, 24-bit conversion
- BNC connector: AES3 and S/P-DIF signals
Network connector using standard IP protocol and your existing network infrastructure
- Loudspeaker system can be controlled via the Neumann.Control iPad® app
- Use the back panel controls or the control set defined by the Neumann.Control iPad® app
- Reduces power consumption when product is not in use
More features (with Neumann.Control iPad® app)
- Lip-sync delay (100 ms): To align audio and video signals up to 2.5 frames at 50 Hz or 3 frames at 60 Hz
- Time-of-flight delay (2 x 20.8 ms): To compensate for listening distance differences up to 7.2 m (12 ft 5 in)