Neumann KH310A High Resolution Nearfield Monitor Pair L & RRegular price £2,950.00
The KH 310 is a three-way tri-amplified monitor with thermally protected Class AB amplifiers (210 W and two times 90 W). Its Mathematically Modeled Dispersion™ (MMD™) waveguide delivers sound waves into the room with superior accuracy. The drivers are modeled using Neumann’s in-house developed software, which reduces non-linear distortion in every situation. Sound distributed in a horizontally precise manner ensures flexibility in the listening position; the narrower vertical dispersion reduces the negative effects of nearby reflections, for example from a desk or mixing console. The precisely controlled dispersion characteristics optimize reproduction in different room configurations and the response is extremely adaptable through various acoustical control settings.
Best working environment: Close to professional ears
The KH 310 is typically used in near-field applications such as project, music, broadcast and post-production studios for recording, mixing and mastering. It it also available as a digital input “D” version.
A solid bass foundation, high impulse fidelity
With its powerful switched-mode power supply and tri-channel amplifiers, the KH 310 realizes sound pressure of up to 116.3 dB and thereby retains a high-resolution and neutral representation across the entire frequency response. This provides sufficient energy for even the most demanding impulse dynamics with no distortion or losses. The bass goes down to an impressive 34 Hz.
The closed cabinet design means a lower group delay. This results in almost the entire frequency range being reproduced at the same time; the transient response is precisely controlled at all times.
Ultralight fabric dome optimizes midrange reproduction
The optimized design of the driver enables a pristine sound right down to the lowest bass regions. For most applications, the rich foundation offers enough bass extension to work cleanly on the mix without the necessity of a supplementary subwoofer. For demanding treble sounds, our own specially developed, powerful alloy fabric dome ensures distortion-free clarity in the high-frequency range.
The fabric midrange dome captures the middle frequency range with the utmost precision. Its ultralight material and the powerful neodymium magnet enable a significantly better transient response with considerably less distortion than comparable midrange domes.
The perfect complement: The KH 750 DSP subwoofer
In addition to its outstanding acoustic characteristics this DSP-based subwoofer not only offers excellent acoustic properties, but - in combination with the Neumann.Control iPad® app - it also provides the possibility of adapting a KH 310 stereo pair to the room using the patented "Guided Alignment“. Furthermore the entire stereo system can be controlled via the app. Detailed information about all additional features can be found here.
Hundreds of good reasons from the Neumann philosophy
The KH 310 has been developed true to the Neumann philosophy for monitor loudspeakers. Every component, every shape, every signal and every wave motion is a consequence of this philosophy. No form or component is there without reason. There are hundreds of tangible reasons built into the KH 310, which all stand for exceptionally pure and neutral sound. These include, for example, curvatures of the housing that reduce edge diffraction. Also included is the pistonic output of the bass driver which does not give rise to harmonic distortions, even with the highest sound peaks. Some of these reasons are obvious in the KH 310. Others Neumann prefers to keep to itself. But together, each can be heard – sound professionals in both large and small studios all around the world can testify to this. You can read more about the Neumann philosophy for studio monitors here.
In-house simulated tweeter with alloy fabric dome and robust metal grille
- Latest modeling techniques used to minimize non-linear (harmonic and intermodulation) distortion
- Low-distortion high frequency reproduction
- Grille protects against mechanical damage
Elliptical Mathematically Modelled Dispersion™ (MMD™) waveguide
- Smoother off -axis response
- More forgiving of diverse acoustical environments
Wide horizontal dispersion
- Freedom of movement across the mixing console
Narrow vertical dispersion
- Reduces reflections off the mixing console
Two-color + dimmable Neumann logo
- Displays operation status and activation of the extensive protection system
- Dimmable for low lighting level conditions or behind the screen applications
In-house simulated, neodymium magnet, fabric dome, midrange driver with optimized low stray magnetic field
- Dedicated driver reproduces important midrange frequencies for speech and vocals
- Latest modeling techniques used to minimize non-linear distortion
- Light-weight dome has better transient response and less breakup modes than cone designs
- High power magnet reduces harmonic and intermodulation distortion
In-house modelled long-throw composite sandwich cone bass driver with Extremely Linear Force Factor™ (ELFF™), magnetic shielding and flow optimized die cast basket
- Damping of break up modes brings low distortion at high sound levels
- Linear pistonic motor gives a very low harmonic distortion even at high excursions
- Reduced air noise and improved rocking modes
- Robust package for a long life
- No standing wave resonances
One-piece front panel with no discontinuities
- Reduced diffraction and smoother frequency response
4-position bass, low-mid and treble acoustical controls
- More control in diverse acoustical environments
- Fast acoustical set up in mobile applications
- Repeatable acoustical settings after moving loudspeakers
Wide range input gain and output level controls
- Easier interfacing with signal sources
Display dimmer and ground lift
- For low lighting level conditions or behind the screen applications
- Reduced noise in electrically noisy environments and over-comes ground loops
XLR electronically balanced analogue input
- Standard interfacing to professional equipment
Universal switched-mode power supply (100 … 240 V)
- One version works in any country and robust to poor quality mains supply
Fully documented extensive mounting hardware range
- More flexibility in mounting cabinets in more diverse locations and backwards compatible to previous products
- Easy advanced planning for installations
Powerful amplifiers with large headroom and overheat limiting
- Improved transient response
- Assured reliability and safety
Separate fast acting thermo limiters for woofer, midrange and tweeter to protect the voice coils and power amplifiers
- Woofer soft clip and excursion limiters
- Increases system reliability
- Allows extraction of the maximum performance
Production consistency due to individual hand alignment in final testing
- Any KH 310 is “pair matched” to any other KH 310