Solid State Logic Pure Drive Quad - Mic Pre Conversion & USB SoundcardRegular price £990.00
Mic Pre’s with Prestige
The PURE DRIVE QUAD harnesses Solid State Logic's renowned SuperAnalogue PureDrive™ microphone preamp technology, originally featured in the ORIGIN console. This advanced unit introduces a new DRIVE mode, comprehensive connectivity, and state-of-the-art digital conversion, all within a compact 4-channel 2U rackmount format. The ORIGIN recording console, a contemporary-classic from SSL, first introduced the groundbreaking PureDrive™ microphone preamplifier. This innovative preamp maintains the clarity and punch of SSL's previous designs while also offering the flexibility to switch its character to a warm, harmonically rich, and driven tone that varies with gain.
- 4 channel high-performance PureDrive™ mic preamps
- +48V phantom power, polarity invert and 3rd order hi-pass filter
- Stepped Gain control up to +65 dB Gain
- 31-step Trim control, with precise 1 dB increments – overdrive the signal with the Gain control and then reduce to a suitable level using Trim.
- 3 modes for each preamp – Clean, Classic Drive and Asymmetric Drive
- Mic/Line Input Switching
- Mic via XLR
- Line via choice of TRS Jack or dedicated D-Sub connectivity
- 4 x front panel Hi-Z/DI Instrument unbalanced inputs with automatic input detection
- 4 mic preamp input impedance options – explore new tonal possibilities from your dynamic and ribbon microphones
- Balanced analogue outputs/insert sends for external processing
- +24 dBu professional line level insert returns/ADC inputs
- Analogue to digital connectivity via ADAT, AES and USB
- Ability to switch ADAT and AES connections to source audio from DAW outputs (USB) instead of the A/D converter
- USB soundcard mode : QUAD – 12 in / 12 out (@44.1/48 kHz) ; 4 x analogue + 8 x ADAT in (via Link in) / 4 AES + 8 ADAT outs
- Stepped pots and digitally controlled analogue electronics for precision, stereo matching and ease of recall
- Up to 192 kHz and 32-bit conversion, professional I/O levels (+24 dBu = 0 dBFS).
- Selectable Auto-Sleep mode
- Auto-ranging Wordclock In and Out